The Wrigley Kids

Monday, February 21, 2011

Cute things

  • I was reading a story to Katie about a bird named, appropriately, Swallow. But Katie had only heard of the swallow that you do with your throat, and kept interrupting - "What's the bird's name?" "Why is it named that again?" "Mom, that's not a name!" "Mom, you're reading it wrong - Swallow is NOT a name!" I finally changed the name to Sara for the rest of the story because she wouldn't let up!
  • Katie made a decoration for school, and I was carrying on about how much I loved it, and said I would keep it forever. Her eyes lit up and she squealed in a kind of mad but happy delight, saying, "Really? Forever? Like, until we're all dead?"
  • At night, I was singing a lullaby to her, and she got this goofy look on her face and started using her hands to conduct my singing, all the while making these silly eye rolling gestures and such. I was trying not to laugh, but gave up and couldn't sing for so long because we were both laughing so hard.
  • We went to the church service on Christmas Eve. We sang the opening hymn, and then the pastor made a few announcements. One of them made the members of the congregation applaud for a few seconds. As the clapping died down, Katie said out loud, "Oh, is it over already?"
  • I took Kyle to Universal Studios where we were waiting for the Waterworld show to begin. A voice came over the loudspeaker stating,"The show is about to begin. If you are still waiting for members of your party, please go the side entrances." Kyle got excited and started looking around, "Wait, Mom, is there a party?"

2 Comments:

  • At 11:06 PM, Blogger FAN said…

    You should write a book! Precious Moments with K&K. Thanks for sharing -- makes me smile.

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Jeff said…

    This reminds me of Scout Sunday, 2/6/2011.

    Kyle and I attended morning mass at our Cub Scout Sponsor Church. They have a hard-bound book with every week's service pre-printed for 2011. Since it was Feb 6th, this was only the 5th service of the year, and therefore the 5th chapter in the book. Kyle was following along in the book when he suddenly scowled, looked back at me and asked, "Dad, do we have to get through this whole book today?"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home